Big Data Visualization (Visualizing large datasets in the Semantic Web)
- LECTURER: Mariano Rico
- AFFILIATION: ETSIInf, UPM
The semantic web (also know as the Linked Data Cloud) is a huge graph that requires powerful tools to allow an appropriate visualization of its content. In this seminar we will have a practical approach by means of a powerful tool: Gephi. Although this tools is aimed at visualizing and analyzing any graph, we will use specific plugins to analyze large linked-data datasets like DBpedia.
- DBpedia and the Spanish DBpedia (esDBpedia) as a big data use case.
- Big graphs with Gephi.
- Displaying linked data with Gephi.
Attendance and a written work on practical cases.
Basic programming skills.
Participants should use their laptop with Internet connection for practical sessions.
- Bastian M., Heymann S., Jacomy M. (2009). Gephi: an open source software for exploring and manipulating networks. International AAAI Conference on Weblogs and Social Media. From AAAI.
- Richard Brath and David Jonker (2015). Graph Analysis and Visualization. Discovering Business Opportunity in Linked Data.
- D.E. Knuth, The Stanford GraphBase: A platform for Combinatorial Computing, Addison-Wesley 1993.
- 24 February, 15:00-18:00