The PhD program in Software, Systems and Computing (PSSC), of the Escuela Técnica Superior de Ingenieros Informáticos of the Universidad Politécnica de Madrid (UPM) covers the scientific and technological groundwork of information systems development, as well as how computer systems are related to and applied in problem-solving in other branches of science and engineering.
The PhD in Software and Systems and Computing targets holders of preferably advanced university degrees (master's, licentiate, engineering or equivalent degrees) with informatics-related studies.
This new PhD program is the result of a merger between the PhD program in Software and Systems and the PhD program in Advanced Computing for Science and Engineering. Both of these PhD programs were run by the Escuela Técnica Superior de Ingenieros Informáticos at the Universidad Politécnica de Madrid and were both distinguished with the Mention of Excellence. This new program complies with current legislation (Royal Decree 99/2011, amended by Royal Decree 534/2013 which modifies it) and started up in 2014.
- The PhD program consists of researching a PhD thesis addressing any of the research lines associated with the program.
- The PhD includes additional specialized and cross-curricular training.
- Cost: The main cost of the program (for the 2018/19 academic year) includes:
- 390.00 € per year for academic supervision during the research period.
- 143.15 € for the PhD thesis examination
- 229.86 € for PhD degree certificate issuance
- Organized by: Escuela Técnica Superior de Ingenieros Informáticos of the UPM
- Venue: Montegancedo Campus of International Excellence, Escuela Técnica Superior de Ingenieros Informáticos, Universidad Politécnica de Madrid (Boadilla del Monte, Madrid).
- The PhD in Software, Systems and Computing is governed by the provisions of R.D. 1393/2007 amended by R.D. 534/2013.
- Available possitions: 40.
Why take the doctoral degree?
- Because this PhD program is the result of a merger of two PhD programs, both awarded a Ministry of Education Mention of Excellence.
- Because you will receive a PhD from the UPM.
- Because since 1987 we have gained over 20 years' experience in postgraduate programs during which we have supervised over 125 doctoral theses.
- Because it is an opportunity to study at the Escuela Técnica Superior de Ingenieros Informáticos (previously Facultad de Informática), recognized as Spain's leading higher education institution for informatics.
- Because of Ministry of Education (Secretariat General of Higher Education Institutions, Directorate General of Higher Education Policy) funding for visiting scholar and student mobility
- Because the program has an internationally renowned faculty endorsed by their publications and participation in competitive projects.