The PhD program in Software, Systems and Computing (PSSC) from the Escuela Técnica Superior de Ingenieros Informáticos (Higher Technical School of Computer Engineers) of the Universidad Politécnica de Madrid (Polytechnic University of Madrid, UPM) covers the scientific and technological groundwork of information system development, as well as how computer systems are related and applied to problem-solving in other branches of science and engineering.
The PhD in Software and Systems and Computing preferably targets holders of advanced university degrees (master's, bachelor’s, engineering or equivalent degrees) with informatics-related studies.
- The PhD program consists of researching a PhD thesis that addresses any of the research lines associated with the program.
- The PhD includes additional specialized and cross-curricular training.
Cost: The main cost of the program (for the 2020/21 academic year) includes:
- 390.00 € per year for academic supervision during the research period.
- 143.15 € for the PhD thesis examination
- 229.86 € for issuance of the PhD degree certificate
- Organized by: Escuela Técnica Superior de Ingenieros Informáticos (UPM)
- Premises: Montegancedo Campus of International Excellence, Escuela Técnica Superior de Ingenieros Informáticos, Universidad Politécnica de Madrid (Boadilla del Monte, Madrid).
- The PhD in Software, Systems and Computing is governed by the provisions of R.D. 99/2011 (amended by other Royal Decrees).
- Positions available: 40.
- This PhD Program began in 2014.
- This PhD Program has been Verified by ANECA in 2013 and is Accredited by Fundación Madri+d in 2019.
Why should you take this doctoral degree?
- Because this PhD program is the result of a merger between two PhD programs (PhD program in Software and Systems and the PhD program in Advanced Computing for Science and Engineering), both awarded a Ministry of Education Mention of Excellence.
- Because you will receive a PhD from the UPM.
- Because since 1987 we have gained over 30 years of experience in postgraduate programs, supervising over 130 doctoral theses.
- Because it is an opportunity to study at the Escuela Técnica Superior de Ingenieros Informáticos (previously Facultad de Informática), recognized as Spain's leading higher education institution for informatics.
- Because the program boasts an internationally renowned faculty validated by their publications and participation in competitive projects.
Links of interest
- Doctoral program entry and admission requirements.
- Important dates
- Doctoral thesis preparation, formalities and evaluation policy
- Information on the program's quality assurance system
- PhD program competences and objectives
- PSSC policy regulations for continuing the program