Students may apply online for admission to the PhD in Software, Systems and Computing through the UPM online application page by the established deadlines.
For further information, please see the calendar published by the Vice-Rector's Office for Research, Innovation and Doctorate Programmes.
Key Dates for the 2021/22 Course
- Regular application period: 20 February to 31 May 2021
- Publication of lists of admitted students: 23 June 2021 (provisional), 7 July 2021 (final)
- Extraordinary application period: 10 June 2021 to 20 February 2022 (if positions available)
- Publication of lists of students admitted in the extraordinary period: students will be notified by email
- Regular enrolment period: from 21 July to 4 August and from 6 September to 31 October 2021
- Enrolment period (second term): February 2022
- Course commencement: 1 October 2021
- Course end: 30 September 2022
Key Dates for the 2022/23 Course
- Regular application period: 15 February to 31 May 2022
- Publication of lists of admitted students: 27 June 2022 (provisional), 18 July 2022 (final)
- Regular application (2nd period): 20 June to 24 July 2022
- Extraordinary application period: 1 October 2022 to 20 February 2023 (if positions available, to start in March)
- Publication of lists of students admitted in the second regular period and in the extraordinary period: students will be notified by email
- Regular enrolment period: 18 to 31 July 2022 and 5 September 2022 to 10 October 2022
- Enrolment period (second term): February 2023
- Course commencement: 1 October 2022
- Course end: 30 September 2023
Once the student has been admitted, the student must enrol in the PhD Programme each academic year by the dates specified.
The process to enrol online is:
- First, you must obtain credentials by opening a new UPM email account (if you already have this email account, you may skip to the second step). Your initial password is the university PIN, which consists of the four digits corresponding to the student’s day and month of birth. We recommend changing your PIN after this step.
- Next, you must request an appointment.
- Finally, you must log in to the Self-Enrollment system and follow the steps to pay the academic tuition ("Tutela Académica") fee and do not select thesis defence ("Tesis Doctoral").
For further information, please see the University Self-Enrolment web page.
Any question, issue or incident with the enrolment should be reported to Postgraduate Office.