Oral Communication in the Scientific and Technological Environment
- LECTURER: To be confirmed
- AFFILIATION: To be confirmed
In this seminar, the particularities of academic and professional oral presentations in scientific and technical settings will be analysed. The course will be divided into three parts:
- In the first one, we will discuss about the importance of taking the audience into accoun when preparing the presentation, and how this will guide some decisions regarding content and structure
- In the second part we will focus on the three main parts of a presentation (motivation, body and conclusions) and start preparing a presentation.
- Finally, we will deal with visual elements, body language, voice power and Q&A time.
The students will be asked to improvise some parts of the presentation during the course, and will have to prepare and record a short presentation of 5-7 minutes to be assessed by the tutors.
TimetableTo be confirmed